Use Calibre to Convert Kindle Books You've Purchased to PDF
Calibre can be used to convert kindle books to PDF by installing a plugin called DeDRM_tools. You'll need the serial number of your Kindle device. As far as I know this only works with books you've purchased and if you own a Kindle.
- Install Calibre v4.20.0
- Download the latest release of DeDRM_tools v6.8.0 from their Github releases page
- Open calibre's Preferences dialog
- Click on the "Plugins" button
- click on the button, "Load plugin from file"
- Navigate to the unzipped DeDRM_tools folder
- find the file
- Click to select the file and select "Open"
- Click "Yes" in the "Are you sure?" dialog box
- Click the "OK" button in the "Success" dialog box
- Enter your Kindle Device's serial number in the customisation dialog for
eInk Kindle Books
- Be sure to click
- In your Kindle Content list, click the
..."actions" button for the book you want to convert
download & transfer to USB
- Select the device that matches the serial number above
- Drag the downloaded file onto Calibre
Convert booksin Calibre
- Choose the format you want and click
Now after a brief wait you'll have a PDF file that can be opened and annotated wherever you please.
I highly recommend PDF Expert and an iPad Pro w/ the Pencil 2.